Generally speaking, Stratasys receives information because:
- You have provided it to us;
- We collect it from you; and/or
- Third parties we engage (such as data analytics providers) collect it from you on our behalf. This happens in cases where we use or deploy third party tracking technology, or where we otherwise give these third parties access to the Site, Software, and other technology. So where we describe below in section 4 (Information We Collect From You) the ways in which we collect information from you, you acknowledge that such collection may also be carried out by third parties. These third parties may have their own privacy policies that they also adhere to. Also, just as with our third party hosting providers, these third parties may be based (and their servers may be located) anywhere in the world.
If you have any questions or comments regarding privacy issues on the Site and/or the Services, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect both "Personal Information" and "Non-personal Information" about our customers and visitors. Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, email address, phone number, payment method and profile picture, as well as information that is linked to such information. "Anonymous Information" is information that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Site or on the Services or using our Software, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
You may provide Personal Information to us in the following ways:
- 4.1 Account.
- 4.1.1 In order to use certain Services, you may be required to create an account ("Account"), which will require you (or in some cases, may just give you the option) to provide Personal Information, such as your name and email address. We may also offer the option of creating an Account through connecting via a third party account (for example, with a social media site- a "Third Party Account"), in which case you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that is made available to us from, and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with, that Third Party Account. Even if you later disconnect your Account from the Third Party Account, we still keep a copy of the Personal Information that we received from the connection of the two accounts.
- 4.1.2 In either case, we may send you an email, text message, or other electronic message confirming your Account creation (or otherwise instructing you how to confirm it).
- 4.2 "Contact Us" Information
If you contact us whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, by using a feedback or reporting feature, or by other means, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
- 4.3 Purchases
If you make a purchase via the Services, you will be required to provide account and billing information, invoice related information, and other data required to process and fulfill the purchase. We may also update such data should you grant us permission to bill you or your credit card for recurring charges, such as monthly (or other periodic) payments. We may use the products and services of third party service providers to process and fulfill such purchases, in which case you will be providing the information to them as well.
- 4.4 Profile
Some of the Services may enable you to build a public profile in connection with your Account ("Public Profile"). Your Public Profile will include your name, but you may choose to provide other Personal Information, such as your gender, a profile picture, and other information that we may offer you to present.
- 4.5 Share with Others
The Services may offer features enabling you to invite others to use the Services, for example by sending an invitation email from the Site to the recipient's external email address. If you send or post an invitation, you will be providing us with Personal Information about the recipient such as his/her email address or online account user name and id. You are responsible for ensuring that the recipient information is accurate, and you should only provide the information of a third party if you know that third party and believe they would be interested in our Services.
- 4.6 Blogs, Newsletters, Surveys and Promotions.
The Site contains a blog forum displaying information about Stratasys and some of its products and services. The Site may also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to newsletters and participate in surveys and other promotional activities. Your interaction (such as responding on the blog forum, subscribing to a newsletter, or participating in a survey) may require you to provide certain Personal Information such as your name and email address, together with any additional Personal Information you choose to enter on the blog forum.
- 4.1 Account.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect Personal Information and other non-personal information from you in the following ways:
- 5.1 Log Files; Device and Usage Data & IP address
We collect information through server log files, but also by deploying tracking technologies within the Site and the Services, and we may also associate this information with your Account. We do this to analyze trends, track user movement around the Site and Services, gather demographic information, and to generally collect information that we may find insightful or helpful. The type of information collected may include (but is not limited to) internet protocol (IP) addresses (which may vary from session to session), MAC address, mobile network information including phone number, device type and hardware model, browser type, operating system type, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp of Site or Service use, referring/exit pages, and clicked pages. For example, the Site uses Google Analytics, more information on which you can find here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/.
- 5.2 COOKIES
Other cookies remain saved to your computer's hard drive and enable us to recognize your computer in the event of a later visit to our website (so-called persistent cookies). It is particularly these cookies that allow us to make our Site more user-friendly, effective and safe. Thanks to these files, for example, it is possible to display information specifically suited to your personal preferences on a certain webpage. These cookies will be erased automatically after the duration of one year.
The legal grounds for processing the cookie information consists of the execution of the agreement as well as of our rightful interest towards the safe and user-friendly presentation of our Site.
- to estimate Stratasys's audience size and usage pattern and perform other analytics;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow Stratasys to customise the Site and/or Services according to your individual interests;
- to continually improve Stratasys's services; and
- to recognise you when you return to the Site.
Please act as following:
In Internet Explorer:
- 1. Select the item "Internet Options" from the "Extras" menu in the toolbar.
- 2. Select the "Privacy" tab.
- 3. Now, you can choose the safety settings for the internet zone. You select the cookies that are to be accepted or denied.
- 4. Click "OK" to confirm these settings.
- 1. Select "Settings" from the toolbar.
- 2. Click "Privacy".
- 3. Select "Use custom settings for history" from the dropdown menu.
- 4. Now you can select whether cookies are to be accepted and for what duration you want to store the cookies. You can also add exceptions and determine the websites that are always or never allowed to store cookies.
- 5. Click "OK" to confirm these settings.
In Google Chrome:
- 1. Select the menu icon in the browser toolbar.
- 2. Select "Settings".
- 3. Click the link "Show advanced settings...".
- 4. Click "Content Settings...".
- 5. In the "Cookies" section, you can select the following settings:
- Erase cookies
- Block cookies by default
- Erase cookies and website data by default after ending your browser session
- Accept exceptions for cookies from certain websites or website domains.
- We remind you however that, in the event of limited cookie settings on your computer, you will not be able anymore to use all functions of our Site to the fullest extent possible.
- The legal basis for the processing of your data along with collective analytical tools and internet technologies is our rightful interest towards an analysis of the activities on our website and the user's and surfer's behaviour on the Site, as well as our interest (and the interest of third parties) in the inclusion of personalized advertisement suited to your interests.
This Site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics makes use of so-called "cookies" as mentioned before, text files stored on your computer that allow an analysis of your use of the website. In principle, the information about your use of our website as displayed by the cookie is transferred to and stored on the Google server in the US. We activated a so-called IP anonymization on this website, which means that Google shortens the IP addresses from within EU Member States or from other EEA treaty states before they are exported to the US server. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address may be transferred to the US Google server before it is shortened in the US.
As instructed by this Site's operator, Google will use the information for the purpose of analysing your use of our Site, to compose reports on the activities on our Site and to provide further services to the website's operator related to the use of the website and the internet. The IP address that is transferred by your browser and that is shortened before storing for the purposes of Google Analytics will not be added to other Google data. You can prevent the storage of the cookies through the applicable settings of your browser software, however we remind you that, in certain instances, this may cause that you will not be able to use all functions of our Site to the fullest extent possible.
- This website makes use of retargeting technologies that are administered by other operators. Through retargeting, users of our partners' websites, who were interested in our Site and in our Services before, can be approached with personalized advertisements. Studies show that the inclusion of personalized advertisements that are related to people's actual interests are more appealing to the user than advertisements without any personal connection. Through retargeting, the incorporation of advertisements is based on the analysis of cookies that display earlier user's conduct. Of course, no personal information is stored in this process and, obviously, the use of retargeting technology occurs in compliance with the legal provisions on data protection. If you do not consent to this mode of advertisement, you can deactivate cookies and/or delete existent cookies through your browser settings. You can do so by following the instructions under "Cookies". You can revoke the cookies-based analysis with altering consequences for the future by saving a cookie opt-out on your personal device in accordance with the aforementioned instructions.
- As mentioned before, this website collects and stores information on the visitors' surfing conduct in an anonymized way, through the use of various internet technologies. This data is saved to your computer through cookies and enables us to analyse your anonymized surfing conduct, for instance: a user's city of origin, the type of browser and operating system he or she uses and the pages he visited on the internet. This data can in no event be used to personally identify the visitor of our webpage. The stored data are only used to improve our product and service. Therefore, all IP addresses are shortened and thus processed in an anonymous way. It is not used in a different way or disclosed to third parties
- You can generally revoke your consent for the collection, processing and the use of data by a analytics or retargeting technologies commissioned by this website, with altering consequences for the future. It will save a cookie opt-out to your device. This revocation will remain effective as long as you do not erase this cookie.
- 5.3 Click stream data
As you browse the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each web site you visit. This information, which is sometimes called "clickstream" data, can be collected and stored by a web site's server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use, the address of the web site from which you linked to the Site, and in some instances, your e-mail address. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of the Site and how they navigate through the Site. We will only use this information to improve the Site.
Analysis tools and Internet Technologies
More internet technologies
- 5.1 Log Files; Device and Usage Data & IP address
- THE WAY WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1.1 processing which is necessary for a contract we have entered, or are entering, into with you - for example, processing payment information in relation to Services you have ordered;
- 6.1.2 processing which is based on your consent - for example, when you voluntarily provide us with your contact information so that we can respond to a query you have raised with us;
- 6.1.3 processing which is within our legitimate interests as the operator of the Site and Services - for example, associating browser generated information with your Services so that we can tailor or improve the Services for you;
- 6.1.4 processing which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- 6.1.5 processing which is necessary to protect our rights and interests.
- 6.2.1 To generally provide you with the Services
- 6.2.2 We will use Personal Information to:
- 18.104.22.168 administer and provide the Site and Services to you;
- 22.214.171.124 further develop and improve the Site and Services;
- 126.96.36.199 send you updates, promotions, offerings, or other news of/about the Site, Services and/or Stratasys;
- 188.8.131.52 respond to communications with you;
- 184.108.40.206 offer customer support;
- 220.127.116.11 identify or authenticate your access and use of the Site or a Service; and/or
- 18.104.22.168 send you updates and marketing information related to our products and services, subject to any consents required under local laws.
- 6.3 Transfer to Affiliates
- 6.4 Transfer to Third Parties
We send or otherwise share Personal Information to/with various third parties that help us with our business operations and help us understand how our users use the Site and Services, and to develop and improve them. Also, just as with our third party hosting providers, these third parties may be based (and their servers may be located) anywhere in the world. The Services may not be hosted by us - all or some of the hosting is done by third party service providers that we engage. This means that data you provide us or that we or third parties collect from you (including any Personal Information, information which we can use, either directly or indirectly, to identify you as a natural person, is hosted with such third party service providers on servers that they own or control. Regardless of where such third party service providers are located (and some are located in the US), their servers may be located anywhere in the world (including the US). Your data may even be replicated across multiple servers located in multiple countries.
- 6.5 Merger, sale or bankruptcy
In the event that Stratasys is acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, we may (and hereby reserve the right to) transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected or received. In the event of a bankruptcy, insolvency, receivership, or comparable event, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, assigned, or used.
- 6.6 Enforcement
We may send or otherwise share your Personal Information with any third party if we believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (b) enforce the terms of service/use governing the Site and/or Services, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; and/or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Stratasys, our subsidiary and affiliates entities, our users, yourself, or the public.
- PUBLICLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION
Any content that you make publicly available on or via the Site or Services (such as your Public Profile) will be publicly available to other users of the Site or such Services. If you actively or passively allow your contact information to be public, you may receive unsolicited messages or activity from other users of the Site or such Services. We therefore encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be publicly accessible.
- AGGREGATED ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
"Aggregated Anonymous Information" is information that we cannot use to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Site or while using our Services or our Software, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information. We may use Aggregated Anonymous Information for the following purposes collected from our Site or our Services:
- improve the services we provide through the Site and the Services and customize the user experience, such as by providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of services you seek;
- aggregate the information collected via Cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads and analyse patterns.
- OPTING OUT
You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Site- or Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still respond to communications initiated by you, as well as send administrative emails that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site and/or Services (for example, emails confirming print completion).
- YOUR RIGHTS
We would like to maintain accurate Personal Information, and we endeavour to comply with all rights you might have under data protection laws. If you would like to delete, access or correct any of your Personal Information that we may be storing, there may be tools that we make available via the Services. Otherwise, please contact us at email@example.com. to make your request, containing adequate details of the request. We will treat your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- LINKS TO AND INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS
The Services may link to, or otherwise enable you to interact with, third party content, products and services. Any Personal Information you provide in connection therewith is provided to the third party. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties, or for such content, products and services, and we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each third party that you choose to use or interact with.
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
The Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- JOB APPLICANTS
In submitting your application you are agreeing that the your Personal Information included in your CV will be used as outlined in our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants that you will find here. If you do not want your Personal Information to be used, please do not submit your CV.
We take what we consider to be appropriate measures to protect Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we try to use reasonably acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Site or on our Services, you can contact us at email@example.com..
- OUR "DO NOT TRACK" NOTICE
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about that individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect Personal Information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site and/or a Service.
- RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purpose remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
In principle, we store your data as long as it is required to deliver the Services and as long as we have the rightful interest towards saving it for an extended period of time (for instance, after fully executing a contract, we may still have a rightful interest towards the use of your data for marketing purposes). Excluded from deletion is only the data we need for the execution of pending tasks and the data we need to realize our rights and our claims, as well as certain data that we must store for a legally mandatory longer period of time. When certain data is only saved due to a legally mandatory preservation term, the processing of it by us is limited, even without your request.
- CONTACT US
- APPENDIX US
- 18.1 CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure (if any) of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To the extent applicable, you may make such a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- 18.2 DELETION OF CONTENT FROM CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of certain parts of the Services, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information, please contact email@example.com., and provided you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content or Personal Information. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require (or allow) us to enable removal.
Last updated: May 25 2018